Hey there, welcome to our blog! We are so happy you have come for a visit.
We are Arlene & Tricky, your DIY crafty couple.
On February 11, 2016 we had our destination wedding in beautiful Ocho Rios, Jamaica.
This gorgeous photo above depicts our wonderful stay in Jamaica and makes us so happy. We can still remember the feeling of the ocean wind as our amazing photographer, James Berglie took this photo of us.
The reason why we started this blog is to share our own story on how we planned our destination wedding, on a budget.
We always knew we wanted to get married on the beach. So having a destination wedding was perfect for us. Planning a wedding can be quite stressful, but planning a destination wedding can be even more stressful. It can be intimidating and nerve wrecking to even consider it, especially with the lack of information that was made available to us.
The most common question we get from interested couples is: “Where do we start?”
Well, you came to the right place! Because we will be posting all the tips and tricks on how we planned our wedding on this blog in hopes that it may help others who are interested in planning their own. We also plan to share some of our other DIY projects that are not wedding related and interests that we like.
We will be sharing on this blog…
- How we planned our destination wedding on a budget
- How to DIY your wedding without breaking the bank
- How we remained organized planning our wedding
- How we chose our photographer and videographer
- How to choose a wedding dress on a budget
- How to choose bridesmaid dresses ideal for all body types
- How to keep your bridal party on the same page as you
- How you can buy some of our DIY creations on our upcoming Etsy Shop
- ….and much more!
In the meantime, here’s a sneak peak of our wedding that our photographer, James captured:
So stay tuned for these posts and come back to see what we have planned!